25 Years of West Market Street

 In September 1995, not even two months into my first job out of college, I took a weekend afternoon and walked the 10 blocks on Market Street between 40th and 50th Streets.  This was an area of focus for where I worked, an organization now called The Enterprise Center, so I wanted to document the physical landscape.  I snapped four pictures at each intersection, one on each corner, and it being 1995, I had the film developed and put the photos into an album.

Five years later, I repeated the effort.  By 2005, I'd gone digital, and it was digital photos that represented my 2010 and 2015 efforts as well.  Here's a link to my blog post from 2015, which includes links to photos from all the other years.

Nothing magical about September, but I had done all my picture-taking that month, every five years.  This year, with the pandemic, I had Jada and Aaron take pics for me in late May.  The top three are their work; the bottom three are scans of my photo album from 1995.  We've come a long way, I'd say, and more to come.  Making note to revisit in 2025.






Comments

Popular Posts