7.13.2020

25 Years of West Market Street

 In September 1995, not even two months into my first job out of college, I took a weekend afternoon and walked the 10 blocks on Market Street between 40th and 50th Streets.  This was an area of focus for where I worked, an organization now called The Enterprise Center, so I wanted to document the physical landscape.  I snapped four pictures at each intersection, one on each corner, and it being 1995, I had the film developed and put the photos into an album.

Five years later, I repeated the effort.  By 2005, I'd gone digital, and it was digital photos that represented my 2010 and 2015 efforts as well.  Here's a link to my blog post from 2015, which includes links to photos from all the other years.

Nothing magical about September, but I had done all my picture-taking that month, every five years.  This year, with the pandemic, I had Jada and Aaron take pics for me in late May.  The top three are their work; the bottom three are scans of my photo album from 1995.  We've come a long way, I'd say, and more to come.  Making note to revisit in 2025.






No comments:

On the Folly of Rewarding "A" While Hoping for "B"

  Leaving the comforts of suburban San Jose on the West Coast to attend college at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia on the Eas...