Stress Test

'Tis the season...to be stressed.  It's bitterly cold, the days are short, end-of-year panic sets in...it's a lot at once, especially for a generation that is already at 11 on the stress-o-meter.  

Hey, in light of that, let's look out for each other, ok?  To that end, I gave my staff the following mental health check-in earlier this month at our monthly staff meeting, which I'm now sharing with you. 






Read the 10 questions below, and give yourself a 3 if you're killing it, 1 if you're blowing it, and 2 if you're somewhere in the middle.  I was in the mid-20's myself, and our staff average was a little lower than that, so by and large we're not doing awful but we could be taking better care of ourselves.  And what about you?  What's your score?
  1. I get at least 5-6 hours of sleep every night, average closer to 7-8.
  2. I am getting enough to eat and I am eating healthy.
  3. I do at least 3 hours of exercise per week.
  4. I go to the doctor regularly and when I need to.  
  5. I have at least 2 people in my life who I can talk to about anything I am struggling with.
  6. I know myself well enough to know when I can push and when I have to set boundaries.
  7. I have developed coping mechanisms for stress that work for me.
  8. I feel important and appreciated at work.
  9. I have something outside of work where I am serving others and I feel good about it.
  10. I do something at least once a week that is totally for me.

Comments

Popular Posts