More Lazy Linking

As busy as you might think I am, I still find the time to waste hours on end on the Internets.  At least my occasional "Lazy Linking" series on Mondays has mostly high-brow stories.  But this is where I really spend most of my online time (in no particular order):

Facebook.  Well duh.  Enough with the FB-hating...it's a great way to go through life together with your favorite 1,000+ people in the world.
 

http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEyLzEyLzA0LzM0L3doeXF1b3Jhc25lLmM1cS5qcGcKcAl0aHVtYgkxMjAweDYyNyMKZQlqcGc/d5117af2/078/why-quora-s-new-boards-feature-makes-it-a-better-network-1c26db7f09.jpgVox.  Between Vox, FiveThirtyEight, and Upshot, this is the one I find myself going to the most.  Easy-to-understand primers + interesting articles = win.

Quora.  My guiltiest guilty pleasure.  This can be a rabbit hole for me, and I'm equally happy learning deep stuff and laughing my arse off.

This Good World.  A very cool directory of socially responsible companies.  I hope this really scales.


Discover Magazine blogs.  I was never good at science in school but it never stopped me from being curious about it. 

Believe it or not, I don't actually spend a lot of time on sports or news.  I like New York Times and Grantland, and will occasionally check the scores on ESPN.  But that's about it. The teenage version of me - I must have memorized millions of sports stats and pored through box scores like a cure for cancer was on the line - would be horrified at what I've become. 

Comments

Popular Posts