A Weekend Without Internet

We've been without phone service since last Friday. No phone is no
big deal, since my wife and I both have cell phones. But our Internet
connection at home is via DSL. So no phone means no DSL. And no DSL
means . . . what?

I'd like to report that no Internet access meant that I spent the
weekend doing stuff I ought to be doing more of anyway: going to the
park with my daughter, hanging out with my wife, reading books and
magazines, taking naps. In fact, I did all those things and enjoyed
them all immensely.

But I still miss my Internet. I can't tell you how many times I
wanted to jump on, whether to check a baseball score, research a
purchase, post a blog, or see what the weather was going to be like.
I'm frightened by how dependent I am on the Internet for information,
and yet if service were restored today (which I hope it will be),
there's nothing different I'd do from here on out than I was doing
before last Friday.

I guess what I'm saying is if I'm sick with Internet addiction, I
don't want to know what the cure is.

Comments

Popular Posts