I Love the First Day of School

It tells you what kind of nerd I am that I love the first day of
school. There's something about getting the syllabus and looking at
all the topics and issues we're going to cover in the semester. Also,
given that I am a "breadth over depth" kind of person when it comes to
knowledge, I love that the professor usually talks a little bit about
each of the course lessons; it's like a series of mini, bite-sized
lectures, which is my preferred portion size.

I've now gone to all three of my classes for this, my last semester in
grad school. The titles of the courses I picked had me excited, and
so far none have disappointed. What is particularly nice, even for a
"breadth over depth" kind of person, is that it looks like we'll
actually get into a fair amount of detail on the topics we're
covering.

Sometimes, the excitement of anticipation and possibility gives way to
the dreary grind of drudgery, and sometimes a class doesn't turn out
to be as exciting or interesting as I had hoped. But even when that's
the case, you can't beat the first day of school.

Comments

Popular Posts