Be Holy Like Dad

I can't help but hope that my positive traits rub off on my daughter.  That she'll be shrewd with money and good at planning and disciplined about her time, for example.  I hope she'll see me do these things, and when the situation allows it, that I'll teach her how to do these things. 

 

I'm reading The Pursuit of Holiness, a great book on personal holiness.  In the very first chapter, the author talks about God's holiness, and how God desires that we emulate that same holiness. 

 

I first read this book twelve years ago and it was a real help for my spiritual health.  Now, as a father, this call to be holy like God takes on new meaning.  As I desire Jada is like me in the good things about me, imagine a Perfect Father and how much His heart longs for His children to be like Him in all the things about Him.  I pray I'd be a good child and do so, and that in doing so I'd be a good example for my child.   

Comments

Popular Posts