The Pursuit of Holiness

In 1993, I read a tiny book called The Pursuit of Holiness, by Jerry Bridges of Navigators, a college ministry.  It revolutionized my approach to life and faith.  Through my reading of the book, God pulled and pushed me to new levels of understanding about the concept of holiness, new levels of desire to seek holiness.  I fall short every day, but thanks to this book, I am ever seeking.

 

Flash forward twelve years.  In looking ahead to a holiday season where I will not have classes, I have contemplated what books I want to plow through.  I decided to buy a copy of The Pursuit of Holiness.  I look forward to reading it again, twelve years later in my faith journey, and seeing how I have or haven't applied its lessons over the past twelve years.  Most of all, I look forward to God using it to make stronger my desire for personal holiness. 

Comments

Popular Posts