TICKET FOR 2008

Where I work, you don’t find a whole lot of Republicans. So on political matters, I tend to be asked about what’s going on in the Republican party. Last month, a friend of mine asked me who I thought was going to be on the ticket in 2008. I told it was way to early to speculate.

Ah, but isn’t speculating the best part of election politics? So here goes my best guess for the 2008 ticket: Jeb Bush and Condi Rice. I did a quick Google search and found this post at upforanything.net:

“I wouldn't be Suprised [sic] to see a Jeb Bush-Condi Rice ticket in 2008. America loves political families and dynasties (see Adams and Kennedy's). Jeb and Condi can rake in the minority vote. Hillary's biggest problem will be that there is a large block of voters who'd vote against her just for the sake of hating her guts. Give them a tolerant conservative who is running with a black female from the south and the backing of the supreme court, senate, and house, and I see a very bleek [sic] future for the dems and hillary in 2008.” (posted by: Hunter Golden at July 29, 2003 06:38 PM)

Cafepress is already hawking “Bush-Rice 2008” items: http://www.cafepress.com/eidoan/559493. So this ticket is already out there and being discussed.

By the way, as I was surfing around, I read some other “fascinating” political commentaries, which reminds me that this subject brings out a lot of religious fervor, class warfare, racial hatred, and crass humor. To politics: America’s favorite reality show (at least every four years). See you in ’08.

Comments

Popular Posts