WHAT I CAN’T BLOG ABOUT

So many blog-worthy things happen on any given day. But I can’t always blog about them. To do so would be to inappropriately share topics that have been broached with me privately, to paint an incomplete and therefore unfair picture of someone in my life, even to border on gossip.

I have certainly been tempted to blog anyway. For it is these side conversations, these interpersonal conflicts, these juicy details that are often most interesting. It makes me appreciate even more those few media outlets that avoid the temptation to dish the dirt and that make sure to get the facts straight before jumping to conclusions.

I blog to process my thoughts. But my blog is a public document. And so when it comes to things I need to process that ought not be read by others, that’s when my private journal gets my attention. Even and especially when I am tempted to dish the dirt.

Comments

Popular Posts