GOD IS MY CO-PILOT

I had a dream the other night. It was one of those, “I’m in a foreign situation and I’m panicking” dreams. You know, the ones where usually the setting is your high school or college classroom, and the test is being passed out, and you haven’t studied? Dream interpreters out there, what does it mean that I have that dream a lot?

Anyway, this time I was sitting in a cockpit. We were on the ground, but I could tell from my adrenalin that we were about to take off. And as I surveyed the complicated controls, I knew there was no way I would be able to get this thing off the ground. I didn’t know the first thing about any of the gauges, levers, or buttons. And I started to panic.

And then God sidled up next to me and buckled Himself into the seat next to me. And all of a sudden, my panic turned to peace. I didn’t need to know how to pilot this plane, because I had Someone next to me who was more than able to get us off the ground.

And then I woke up. And I knew immediately what the message of the dream was: God is my co-pilot. Though my life complicates and the controls are foreign to me, I need not panic. I can have peace. If I can recognize that there is Someone next to me who knows what He is doing.

Comments

Popular Posts