ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNERS

Every week, I get together with two Christian guys to confess sin and to pray. We have been meeting for five years now, and I can't tell you how invaluable and precious this accountability time is. I don't take for granted the blessing of being able to share moral failures and be prayed for, to be there for a brother in need, and to together experience the love and grace and presence of God.

In the time we've been together as accountability partners, two of us have gotten married, and a third ties the knot in a month. One of us has had a baby. All of us have had major catastrophes to share and grievous sins to confess. And God has heard us all along, as we stumble together towards the kinds of lives He wills for us.

I thank God for my two accountability partners, and for the discipline of accountability. They are constant reminders of the kinds of things we need to be reminded of: that we're not perfect, that we need God, that we fall short of His standard for our lives, and that He loves us deeply and dearly. I am grateful for my weekly reminders, grateful I can be a weekly reminder.

(If you're wondering, here is a list of sins we ask each other if we've committed: poor self-image, anxiety, regret, covetousness, bitterness, impatience, jealousy, despondency, self-adulation, sexual immorality, critical spirit, divisiveness, drivenness, deceitfulness, and gossip. We also leave room for general praises and prayer requests.)

Comments

Popular Posts