SNOW

It is the seventh day of April and the eighteenth day of spring. And it is snowing here in Philadelphia. Just when we thought we'd rid ourselves of bitter winds and sub-freezing conditions, the white flakes are falling from the sky again. It really does feel like a snow day, too, as my wife is home sick, nursing a very sore throat and other symptoms from whatever has stricken half the kids at her workplace.

It occured to me, as I was cursing through shivers on my two-minute walk to the drugstore down the street to pick up a prescription for Amy, that most of the world has to go much further than two minutes to get the kind of medicine I was picking up. What I was ruing as an inconvenience is actually a great convenience, and one of the perks of living in the developed world.

I wonder how many other things in my daily life that I complain about I should actually be thankful for.

Comments

Popular Posts