SNOW
It is the seventh day of April and the eighteenth day of spring. And it is snowing here in Philadelphia. Just when we thought we'd rid ourselves of bitter winds and sub-freezing conditions, the white flakes are falling from the sky again. It really does feel like a snow day, too, as my wife is home sick, nursing a very sore throat and other symptoms from whatever has stricken half the kids at her workplace.
It occured to me, as I was cursing through shivers on my two-minute walk to the drugstore down the street to pick up a prescription for Amy, that most of the world has to go much further than two minutes to get the kind of medicine I was picking up. What I was ruing as an inconvenience is actually a great convenience, and one of the perks of living in the developed world.
I wonder how many other things in my daily life that I complain about I should actually be thankful for.
73-91 born SEA lived SJC 00 married (Amy) home (UCity) 05 Jada (PRC) 07 Aaron (ROC) 15 Asher (OKC) | 91-95 BS Wharton (Acctg Mgmt) 04-06 MPA Fels (EconDev PubFnc) 12-19 Prof GAFL517 (Fels) | 95-05 EVP Enterprise Ctr 06-12 Dir Econsult Corp 13-26 Principal Econsult Solutions 18-21 Phila School Board 19- Owner Lee A Huang Rentals LLC | Bds/Adv: Penn Weitzman, PIDC, YMCA | Mmbr: Brit Amer Project, James Brister Society
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too Short for a Blog Post, Too Long for a Tweet 550
Here are a few excerpts from a book I recently read, "John Adams," by David McCullough. When the door opened, they proceeded,...
-
PHILADELPHIA NAMED BEST CITY FOR NEW GRADS How about Philly besting Boston, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and every other city in America for ...
-
I came to bell hooks late. I was already in my 20s, already a parent, and firmly fed up with the ways that white middle class feminism Oth...
No comments:
Post a Comment