SUPPORTIVE BUT QUEASY

Although it puts me in the minority, I am in the pro-war camp. I am not a hawk; I am a reluctant believer in a just war. But I am convinced that we have made the right decision tonight. I loath the concept of a preemptive strike, but I don't think this is one, given that its instigation has taken place over a twelve-year period. I believe in coalitions, but I do not think that the lack of friends in your corner should keep you from fighting a fight that you think you need to fight. And I still don't understand why another resolution is needed to enforce a previous resolution; do these resolutions have so few teeth that after you violate one, everyone gets together to haggle over another resolution to decide what to do with you?

All that being said, I don't think there are many, even in the pro-war camp, that can consider today a happy today. A necessary day, sure. A day we can be proud to be Americans, certainly. But the thought of blood being shed, networks disabled, and facilities bombed makes me feel uneasy. Like I said, I am a reluctant supporter of what I believe is a necessary fight. But perhaps my stomach is weak for the consequences of war.

Comments

Popular Posts