SOLD OUT FOR JESUS

Today, I had two meetings with people who are sold out for Jesus. This morning, I met with the youth director at our church. The committee I chair as an elder is the youth group, so my main responsibility is to be a support to our youth director. Her name is Shabrae and she is sold out for Jesus. This is a person for whom becoming intimately acquainted with city kids and their struggles is both her job and her passion. It is a high honor and a sober responsibility for me to be able to help her navigate through all of the emotions, frustrations, and joys that go into this line of ministry.

This evening, I was among a handful of family and friends who gathered to pray for a married couple who is considering overseas missions, and is about to leave on a six-week survey trip to meet missionary agencies and talk with missionary families. It was a powerful and meaningful time of sharing and prayer. We laughed, we cried, and we ran the gamut of emotions with Courtney and Ian: fear, excitement, love, anticipation, wonder, and worry. They do not forsake the comforts of Western life because it is a noble sacrifice, but because their love for God and God's love for the world compels them. They, too, are sold out for Jesus. And I am honored to know them and to support them in prayer.

Comments

Popular Posts