Redeeming the Time

I have been challenged by this book on holiness that I am reading to
redeem the loose moments I have in each day by using them to meditate
on Scripture. The author decided to use his time driving around in
the car to think about Bible passages and try to memorize them – and
more so that just memorize them for the sake of memorizing them, but
to really marinate on them and let their truths soak into his life.

I thought immediately of all the slivers of time that I am walking
from Point A to Point B in the course of a week. On an average week,
I might have 15-20 of these one-way trips, lasting anywhere from five
to fifteen minutes. I have to admit that I don't do much with that
time – usually I'm daydreaming about sports or fussing about something
I need to do when I get to my destination. I'd probably be better off
using that time to contemplate something from the Bible. I mean, if
you add it all up, you're talking about two to four hours a week of
time!

Using that time to think on God's Word would be good for my soul.
Does anyone have a good list of Bible passages I can work my way
through?

Comments

Popular Posts