Recommended Reads, 50th in a Quarterly Series

 


Books I've read lately that I would recommend:

Extremely Online: The Untold Story of Fame, Influence, and Power on the Internet (Lorenz). Fascinating to trace each corner of the social media world from its origins, and to see how societal trends influence and are influenced by social.
 
Thicker Than Water: A Memoir (Washington). Being a fan of Kerry Washington the actress, I thoroughly enjoyed learning about Kerry Washington the person.
 
Being Henry: The Fonz…and Beyond (Winkler). Cool to go behind the scenes to understand the person behind such iconic characteristics as Arthur Fonzarelli and Barry Zuckercorn.
 
Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike (Knight). I was not at all aware of the humble beginnings for Nike the global powerhouse.

The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma (van der Kolk). Absolute must-read if you have suffered trauma or support someone who does.

Black AF History: The Un-Whitewashed Story of America (Harriot). I consider myself well-read but did not know most of the stories and angles in this book.

 

Comments

Popular Posts