Too Short for a Blog Post, Too Long for a Tweet 253


Here's an excerpt from a book I recently read, "When Life Gives You Pears: The Healing Power of Family, Faith, and Funny People," by Jeannie Gaffigan.


The separation I was experiencing from them now as a result of this medical disaster made me understand that at times I got so caught up in scheduling and running everywhere and trying to be a perfect mother, thinking, I’m doing this all for the kids, that I actually became overwhelmed and busy to the point that I wasn’t really doing much for the kids at all. I’d been focusing on things I felt needed to be accomplished for them while I was missing important opportunities to really connect with them. To get to know their hearts, to enjoy the time we spent together. I guess I just went from being executive producer of a TV show to executive producer of the Gaffigan household, and I wasn’t really experiencing the moments.

Comments

Popular Posts