So Nice, I'm Doing It Twice

Image result for fels institute
This past summer marked the first time in eight years that I taught my grad-level course at Penn, "Quantitative Tools for Consulting," in the hybrid format, which is to say once-a-month day-long in-person sessions interspersed with weekly one-hour on-line sessions.  It took some adaptation - of curriculum, pacing, and teaching style.  And it had its pros and cons.  But we made it through, I had fun, and, judging by midterm scores and final papers, the students got some things out of the course. 

Tomorrow marks another first, which is teaching my class a second time in the same calendar year.  This will also be in the hybrid format, but will feel different because it is taking place in the fall rather than the summer, so that'll likely keep me on my toes.  Looking forward to meeting the students and diving into another semester!

Comments

Popular Posts