Detroit Strong


http://postrecession.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/green-shoots.jpg

I’ve had the opportunity to travel to Detroit two times in the past two months, for a consulting engagement my firm is leading on.  The first trip took me to the downtown and midtown areas, where there has been a lot of positive buzz, and the second trip took me into the neighborhoods, where there was a lot of blight and abandonment. 

The plight of this proud city is well-documented in words and images, and I won’t add anything on that front.  Obviously, the city has suffered greatly and is in terrible financial straits.  Now that I have established a personal connection, I will be following the news with even greater interest, rooting for the city to make a comeback and evaluating its various attempts to do so. 

Comments

Popular Posts