A Parent’s Response to Hebrews 12

I love how our relationship with God and our understanding of His word change over time as we enter new phases in life.  Not that He changes or that His truth changes, but our perspective of it does.  Hopefully, the change is a deepening, a maturing, a greater understanding and appreciation.  This is what I hope for Amy and me.

 

And so it is heartening to read a passage that is familiar to me, the first half of Hebrews 12, one that has been quite meaningful to me in previous phases in life, and to derive new understanding of its truths and new appreciation of my God.  Here is some of what I wrote in my journal in response:

 

"Even as we seek to train and not spoil Jada, so are You perfectly training and spoiling us.  So may we learn, as Jada is learning, that You can be trusted to have our best interests in mind.  And so may we respond, as Jada has, with a sense of happiness and peace that comes from being secure.  O LORD, You have been this good to us, far justifying gratitude and obedience and worship in response.  So may we respond, so may You be glorified.

Comments

Popular Posts