BLOGGING OR BLABBING

The host site might be going down temporarily in a few minutes, and I can't think of anything to "blog" about tonight anyway, so I'll keep this short. Unless you've read my first entry, you might be wondering why I'm blabbering on about random topics like Georgia's flag or seedy political gossip. A few weeks into rapping out the mostly daily entries (I feel like Doogie Howser), I quite like the freedom of "stream of consciousness" writing.

I'm more used to carefully selecting and editing my words, and sometimes it can feel like work and not play. I'm trying to crank out a couple of book manuscripts right now, on topics dear to my heart, and yet sometimes it seems like I'm grinding something out, rather than the feeling you might get painting or sculpting a work of art.

I have a friend whose girlfriend got him into photography. He bought an old Polaroid and now takes one picture a day. He says it's quite a rush going through the day thinking, "What's that picture going to be of?" Then, at random times of the day, a "photo op" emerges. He clicks. Some days, they are mundane, and other days, enchanting. But it's opened his eyes to the many photo opportunities that are constantly around him. I guess that's how I feel about this "blog." I go through the day thinking, "What's today's blog going to be about?" And invariably, life gives me something to write about.

As a Christian, I believe in a living and personal God, and I pray to him daily in the morning. Not because prayer is the right thing to do, but because I am dirty in my mind and weak in my flesh, and to meet with Him in the morning is to get right, clarify my heart and mind, ask for His help for today's battles, and get guidance on what those battles might be. So I guess God is responsible for giving me something to write about every day. Even today.

Comments

Popular Posts