9.02.2026

Too Short for a Blog Post, Too Long for a Tweet 542

 



Here are a couple of excerpts from a book I recently read, "The Handmaid's Tale," by Margaret Atwood.


I want Luke here so badly. I want to be held and told my name. I want to be valued, in ways that I am not; I want to be more than valuable. I repeat my former name, remind myself of what I once could do, how others saw me.




As all historians know, the past is a great darkness, and filled with echoes. Voices may reach us from it; but what they say to us is imbued with the obscurity of the matrix out of which they come; and, try as we may, we cannot always decipher them precisely in the clearer light of our own day.

No comments:

Too Short for a Blog Post, Too Long for a Tweet 542

  Here are a couple of excerpts from a book I recently read, "The Handmaid's Tale," by Margaret Atwood. I want Luke here so ba...