Bucket List

 


Prior to my trip to Italy earlier this month, I hadn't left the continent since 2005 when Amy and I flew to China to pick up Jada. I look forward to the hopefully near future when I am more able to travel and therefore make up for lost time in working through my lifetime travel bucket list.

About that list. The more you explore, the more you realize how much there is to explore. Just to cite one of many examples, a simple search of Instagrammable photo spots in Spain ballooned my wish list in that one European country from "I should visit Spain sometime in my life" to at least five separate trips involving dozens of cities and destinations.

On a site called Tripline, I've been keeping tabs of these must-see places as I've found it to be a good tool for seeing where things are in relation to each other, so that I can then cluster them into a single trip. The photo above is my "Middle East and Africa" page, and you can see how places of interest can clump together and congeal into a plan to see multiple of them in one visit. 

Alas, I am going to need way more time and money than I will ever have to see everything, so as with anything else in life, choices will need to be made. Privileged to be able to do this, and energized by the pursuit of learning and experiencing new things along the way!

Comments

Popular Posts