Heart's Cry

http://rosannatomiuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/crying-heart.jpg
Woke up this morning with Steven Curtis Chapman's "Heart's Cry" on my mind (lyrics below - cannot seem to find a good video to embed).

This is my heart's cry
I want to know the One who saved me and gave me life
This is my heart's cry to be so close to Him
That all my life becomes a testimony of my Savior's grace and love
This is my heart's cry

This is my heart's cry
Much more than just a great desire, it's like a fire in me
I hear my heart cry each time I think about the cross where Jesus died
The cross should have been mine but His love broke through time
And heard my heart's cry, He heard my heart's cry

Now every other hope and dream is lost inside of this one thing
To know the One who died for me and live my life for Jesus Christ
Is my heart's cry

So let my life become a testimony of my Savior's grace and love
Oh, this is my heart's cry
To stand before the Father one day
And hear Him say "Well done"
This is my heart's cry

It's an important premise as my life complicates, that really life ought to be about one thing - knowing God and being known by God - which so infuses our being that all our lives become testimonies of His gracious and loving presence in them.  So true, and so easily forgotten in the hubbub of busy modern life.  
 
My thoughts turn quickly to Philippians 3:7-11, an important word in my life.  There's much more to say about Paul's words to the church in Philippi, but this morning let me leave it at this: may that one thing - knowing and being known - dwarf all other things that make up my present life.  May it dwarf and yet not dissolve but rather animate all things.  Amen.

But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Comments

Popular Posts