Lazy Linking, 34th in an Occasional Series


Good stuff on the Internets:

* Didn't like the headline - "Is West Philly the next Center City?" - but did enjoy how the article hit all of my neighborhood's salient points - the Vladimir Sled murder, eds and meds, Penn Alexander, and so forth.

* Here's another link to Philadelphia Magazine - any of us who remember Allen Iverson holding court late at night on City Line Avenue aren't surprised to hear TGI Friday's is a favorite haunt for him in Turkey.

* Whoa, Philly #2 on Zillow's "best performing cities of the decade" index, just behind DC and right ahead of Arlington.

* Can I switch lives with Guy Kawasaki?

* OK, one more "Philly rocks, New York sucks" link - and who doesn't love how much mileage this Hitler meme has gotten?

* How about a Venn diagram of people who touch your junk.

* These are the sorts of things sports-loving governors can say when they are on their way out of office.

* Would I let Jada find her way home by SEPTA from downtown by herself when she is 9? Ask me in three years.

Comments

Joel GL said…
So, um... I'm guessing that that Hitler scene is really part of a Hitler/WWII movie, and someone just put their own bogus subtitles in, for those of us that don't know German? (I don't; not enough to ruin the effect anyway.)

Only reason I'm pointing it out is that it seems way too polished a production, for someone to have whipped up just for the Cliff Lee occasion. I agree that it is funny though. "You can have my season tickets."
LH said…
Joel, the Hitler meme is basically taking that scene and overlaying whatever is the hot topic du jour via the subtitles. So in fact these things are whipped up within days (if not hours) of some trending event. Please avoid wasting several hours of your life, like I have, watching the now hundreds of versions; my favorite is Hillary Clinton learning that Barack Obama is beating her in the polls.

Popular Posts