Please Consider Supporting My Friend Charles Edwards


Charles Edwards is what you hope for when you do urban youth ministry. I'll let Charles' letter (forthcoming) tell his whole story, but where I intersect was when I was pretty young myself, in my early twenties, just out of college and deciding that where I wanted to serve in the church was through the youth ministry. Not knowing anything about urban youth, I kept quiet, listened a lot, and got to know the young men in the group. Charles I was able to develop a good relationship, through basketball and retreats and Bible studies, and especially through two trips we made to college campuses in Ohio and West Virginia when he was looking at schools.

Fast forward to the present, and Charles has a lovely wife, a beautiful son, and a heart to reach young men like him with the love of God that meant so much to him during his turbulent teen years. I'm making a contribution to Charles to support him in his new ministry with Young Life Nashville, and I urge you to consider to do the same, which you can do by writing a check to:

Young Life Urban Nashville
P. O. Box 120681
Nashville, TN 37212-0681

(Click here for pics of Charles sharing his testimony during our morning service this past weekend while he and his family were in town for a friend's wedding.)

Comments

Popular Posts