8.19.2026

Recommended Reads, 56th in a Quarterly Series

 


 

Stuff I'd recommend from the past three months. 

War and Peace (Tolstoy). It turns out one of the most famous books in the world is a really good read.

Native Son (Wright). Gripping narrative; I could not put this book down.

My Broken Language (Hudes). There's something about this book that kept drawing me in.

Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don’t Know (Gladwell). Gladwell at his best, probing something everyone thinks they know but from a fresh new angle.

Frankenstein (Shelley). I finished this book in two days, that's how into it I got.

Careless People: A Cautionary Tale of Power, Greed, and Lost Idealism (Wynn-Williams). An incredible look into the company behind the website everyone's on.

Leonardo da Vinci (Isaacson). The subject is one of the most interesting people ever, and the author does a great job of bringing us into his fascinating life.

It (King). One of the great horror books of all time and a clear inspiration for "Stranger Things."

Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal (Roach). She is one of my favorite authors, seamlessly blending humor and scholarship such that I am constantly simultaneously learning and laughing.

No comments:

Recommended Reads, 56th in a Quarterly Series

    Stuff I'd recommend from the past three months.  War and Peace (Tolstoy). It turns out one of the most famous books in the world is ...