#TBT, Continued

Every Thursday I post a song lyric from the past on social media and invite folks to see if they can name the song.  My first such post was in March 2014 (NFT, anyone?), and I alluded to this in a blog post some six years ago (see here), but let me say a bit more this morning.

First, I have a rule.  No repeating an artist, although I'll make an exception to honor someone during the week of their passing.  Which means that I've posted probably something on the order of 300 song lyrics and almost that many different artists. 

These lyrics get the tag "#TBT," so there's a question about how far we are throwing it back.  By and large, I only go as far back as the 80's, since my familiarity with songs from before that thins out considerably.  As for how recent, I prefer not to do anything within the past decade.  

Which means that, as time goes on, there are more eras that become fair game.  Some singers that are still crushing it have songs from a decade or more ago, like Rihanna or Pink or Nicki Minaj.  (Which, btw, even if you're not fans of those three, and I absolutely am a fan, you have to respect their longevity, right?)  

Which means I'll be posting #TBT's for quite some time without reneging on my rule to not repeat artists.  Look me up in 2031 as I already know which Olivia Rodrigo and Doja Cat lyrics I'll be sharing.

Comments

Popular Posts