Recommended Reads, 33th in a Quarterly Series

Stuff I read recently that I'd recommend:
Image result for book nook


The Silk Roads: A New History of the World (Frankopan).  Cool to get a grand sweep of history from a non-Western perspective.
 
Beauty in the Broken Places: A Memoir of Love, Faith, and Resilience (Pataki).  What an insightful window into dealing with the scariness and chaos of a loved one being really sick.

The Butchering Art: Joseph Lister's Quest to Transform the Grisly World of Victorian Medicine (Fitzharris).  Incredible to consider just how little we knew a scant 180 years ago, and how hard it was to get people to get past old ways of thinking and doing.

Grant (Chernow).  So glad I invested the whole month it took me to read this tome, as I learned a lot about the man and about Reconstruction.

The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs: A New History of a Lost World (Brusatte).  I grew up devouring everything about dinosaurs, but decades later we've learned so much more about them and it was neat to read all about it.

Believe It: My Journey of Success, Failure, and Overcoming the Odds (Foles).  Nick the folk legend is also Nick the really nice, humble, and faith-filled guy.


Comments

Popular Posts