10.21.2012

What Am I Working On

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1083937/inbox-full-216x300_medium.jpgAs has become my custom every three months, here's what I'm working on now at work. I won't repeat anything from last time that I happen to still be working on, and for confidentiality's sake I have to blur some of the details for some of these studies.


Modeling the return on investment of a statewide tax credit program.

Estimating the new revenues and expenditures to a municipality for a proposed transit-oriented project.

Forecasting the tax revenues generated by a set of developments over the course of the 60-year period of its land lease.

Helping a local CDC connect businesses in its neighborhood to business-to-business and shared purchasing opportunities.

Estimating the economic, employment, and fiscal impact of a statewide venture fund.

Determining the property value impact of housing rehab projects in a municipality over a 40-year period.

Forming recommendations for public policy that supports job creation within a region.

Estimating the employment impact of a major infrastructure investment in a manufacturing plant.

Exploring construction cost differences across regions (labor, materials, regulations, and process).

Calculating the number of green jobs in a region.

Updating previously estimated economic impact estimates for a waterfront amenity that has now been built.

Estimating the economic and employment impact of a proposed casino in the Midwest.

Helping a business resource center expand to a second location.

Helping two social service agencies in their application for government funding.  





No comments:

On the Folly of Rewarding "A" While Hoping for "B"

  Leaving the comforts of suburban San Jose on the West Coast to attend college at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia on the Eas...