Reaching Out

In reading through the book of Acts, I'm reminded of how natural outreach was for my Christian friends and me when we were in college. Everywhere you turned, you could have authentic interactions with people outside your holy huddle. For me, it cutting peoples' hair, playing pick-up hoops, or any number of fascinating conversations you could get into simply by living in the dorms.

The boldness of the apostles, and the power of God working through them during the 1st century, challenges me to be the same, even though I'm far from the easy contacts of the college life. Even though I do a lot of solitary things and go to bed at a ridiculously early hour, my days are still pregnant with possibilities for outreach: the workplace, the park with my daughter, and any number of networking or service events I might attend.

After all, I might not be living elbow to elbow in a dormitory anymore, but that doesn't mean God still isn't doing mighty things through His people who are broadcasting His message to His world.

Comments

Popular Posts