ALL BEFORE 9

Amy and I have definitely become morning people. Yesterday, my alarm clock went off at 5:00 am. It woke Amy up first; I crawled out of bed about 10-15 minutes later. She did some cleaning, ironing, and sorting of baby items, while catching up on TV shows she’d taped earlier in the week.

I had my time with God, and then headed down the street for my Wednesday morning men’s Bible study. Upon my return, I did some push-ups and sit-ups, while catching up on email and sports sites between reps. Then I had breakfast, read the paper, and made a list of house projects I was planning to do that day.

Amy and I reconvened to discuss these projects. I told her I had class at 6:00 pm, so I had the whole day but the list was long and that I had better get started. She also felt the time pressure of having lots to do and not a lot of time. And then we looked up at the clock in the room and noticed it wasn’t even 9:00 am. In our early rising and running around, we lost track of just how early it still was.

But before I could congratulate us for getting such a jump on the day, I thought to myself that the flip side is that we start getting ready for bed around 9:00 pm. Since we have no social life, our early morning routines don’t cramp our style. We’re such nerds.

Comments

Popular Posts