TWELVE FORMS OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION

You won't believe how many forms of public transportation I used earlier this week. I had to travel to North Carolina for business, but needed to fly from New York because the person with whom I was collaborating on this assignment was from New York. So here's the rundown of modes of transportation I used to get from my house to my first stop in North Carolina:

1. Walked from my house to the subway station;
2. Took the Market-Frankford (blue) line to 30th Street Station;
3. Took the R-7 Regional Rail to Trenton;
4. Took New Jersey Transit to Penn Station in Manhattan;
5. Took the 1239 (red) line to the Times Square Station;
6. Took the NRW (yellow) line to Lex Av / 59th St Station;
7. Walked a few blocks to the Roosevelt Island Tramway station, where I took the Tram to Roosevelt Island (this part was just for fun);
8. From Roosevelt Island, took the F (orange) line to Jackson Heights / Roosevelt Avenue in Queens;
9. Took the Q33 bus to LaGuardia Airport;
10. Took a US Airways Express plane to Raleigh Durham Airport;
11. Rode the car rental shuttle bus to the car rental place; and finally
12. Drove the rental car to my first client.

Twelve forms of public transportation! Growing up in California, where the car is king and you drive everywhere, this has got to be the other end of the spectrum. God, I love riding public.

Comments

Popular Posts