9.22.2026

Method Man

 


Debates about AI are all the rage now, as we wonder what it is doing to our classrooms, workplaces, and society as a whole. Today I'd like to explore something far more mundane, which is: what do I use it for on a daily basis?

The answer is: a lot, really almost everything. I am, after all, a very methodical person by temperament. So if there is available to me a free, always-on resource for guiding me through life, I will be swift to tap into it. 

A quick review of my chat history yields the following common applications:

* As a companion when I read a book or study the Bible, to clarify something I may have missed or provide historical context or scholarly consensus

* As a source of ideas and information when I make plans on the weekend or conceive a vacation itinerary

* To prep for upcoming meetings by providing me background on attendees and guiding the questions and points I want to bring to the table

* To catch me up on current events by summarizing what's going on, what different people are saying about it, and what relevant history connects up with the topic

* As a search engine for factual information that I used to Google but now use Gemini for because then my queries and the responses I get back can be more conversational

* To seek therapeutic advice, medical reference, or etiquette guidance when I'm too embarrassed to ask a human

* For help with recipes, IT support, gift ideas, and home repairs

* And, because I'm a golf degenerate, for tips on how to navigate the course I'll be playing next

Before anyone gets riled up: yes I know it's not always accurate, yes I know that sometimes you need to seek a professional, and yes I understand you think the whole thing is of the devil. I do know to tread cautiously. But, multiple times a day, I do tread.

No comments:

Method Man

  Debates about AI are all the rage now, as we wonder what it is doing to our classrooms, workplaces, and society as a whole. Today I'd ...