Recommended Reads, 49th in a Quarterly Series

 




Books I've read lately that I would recommend:

Poverty, by America (Desmond). I can see why many of my peers have recently read this, as it offers a scathing and encompassing look at how we don't solve poverty as much as profit from it.

Unmasking Autism: Discovering the New Faces of Neurodiversity (Price). As a parent of a child on the spectrum and someone who seeks to create space at home and work for the neuro-diverse, it was deeply helpful to learn more about the brain science and the lived experience.

Black Klansman: Race, Hate, and the Undercover Investigation of a Lifetime (Stallworth). What an incredible account of an almost unbelievable situation, except that alas it shouldn't be surprising that these things still happen in modern times.

Stay True: A Memoir (Hsu). I almost went to Berkeley in the mid-90s and have many friends who did, so these accounts were very close to home.

The Diary of a Young Girl (Frank). I felt a lot of different emotions reading this particular book at this particular time.

The Bright Ages: A New History of Medieval Europe (Gabriele, Perry). I love books like this, which take a central theme across a huge swath of time and space, and in the process fundamentally change how I think about a part of history.



Comments

Popular Posts