Recommended Reads, 32nd in a Quarterly Series


Stuff I read lately that I would recommend:

Martin Luther: The Man Who Rediscovered God and Changed the World (Metaxas).  Almost as good as his Bonhoeffer bio, and on just as interesting and important a subject.

Wonder (Palacio).  Well after both my older kids had read this, I got around to it.  Really sweet.

The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America (Rothstein).  I knew some but not all of this, and the whole sweep left me profoundly sad about how rampant and institutional racism has been in this country.

The Square and the Tower: Networks and Power, from the Freemasons to Facebook (Ferguson).  A really interesting historical exploration of hierarchies versus networks.

Born Trump: Inside America’s First Family (Fox).  The dad does not come out of this looking good.

What Made Maddy Run: The Secret Struggles and Tragic Death of an All-American Teen (Fagan).  Even though I knew the ending, it was still incredibly sad to get there. 


Comments

Popular Posts