By Design

http://www.flyingkitemedia.com/galleries/Features/2013/issue131/designphiladelphia1.jpgTomorrow kicks off 9 days of design events - 125 in total - throughout Philadelphia.  Yes, it's Design Philadelphia, and it is awesome. My firm is a sponsor and I plan to make as many gatherings as I can.

Though I haven't a design bone in my body, I recognize the importance of design in, well, everything.  Especially, more and more so, in branding cities as destinations for new residents, new businesses, and new activity.

It is remarkable the transition we are living in now here in Philadelphia, as it refashions itself from manufacturing giant to post-industrial wasteland to knowledge center to design mecca.  If you're in Philly, add to the buzz by hitting an event or ten.  And if you haven't been to Philly in awhile, come back and you'll be surprised at how we look now.

Comments

Popular Posts