2012 Car Usage

This is the fourth year I have tracked car usage, so I think it's safe to say this has become a habit. As has the nerdy tracking and graphing of it in Microsoft Excel. (You can check out 2011 here, 2010 here, and 2009 here.)

As before, the Philly totals represent, in order, number of trips, number of legs represented in those trips (i.e. going to and from my in-laws, making one stop to get gas, counts as three legs), and number of legs in which I was driven (rather than driving). The other city totals represent, in order, number of times I was in that location, number of days I was in that location, number of trips, number of legs represented in those trips, and number of legs in which I was driven.

Philadelphia 127/306/61
San Jose 2/14/10/27/12
Poconos 1/7/18/50/2
Harrisburg 1/1/0/0/0
North Carolina 1/1/0/0/2

You'll see that the last two Philly numbers add up to just over 366, so while in town I averaged about one leg per day in 2012, thanks to our urban setting and the many everyday locations I can get to without a car. Here's hoping that that delays when we need to purchase a new car, and that it makes a difference for the environment.




Comments

Popular Posts