Canvassing for David Oh


If anyone is interested in joining my kids and I as we meander around the neighborhood later this month collecting signatures for David Oh's candidacy for City Council at Large, please let me know. To officially get on the ballot, you need 1,000 signatures, and you have from mid-February to early March to get them. So I will be receiving a list of people in my neighborhood to visit to get their John Hancock.

Note: David is running as a Republican, so we need signatures from registered Republicans. Since my neighborhood is staunchly Democrat (in the '08 election, Barack Obama got 97 percent of the vote, John McCain 2 percent, and Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate, 1 percent), I'm not exactly sure how many of the hundreds of houses within walking distance of my house will need to be visited. So if you join us, there may be more walking than talking!

Comments

Popular Posts