God's Work is Often a Reconciling Work


Because we are many generations removed from the cultural context of Old Testament and New Testament days, we can miss how charged familiar Bible stories were with ethnic subtexts. The story of the Good Samaritan, the lineage of Jesus, how Jonah ended up in the belly of a whale, to name three off the top of my head. God, it seems, wants to reconcile us with Himself, yes, but also us with each other.

So it is not surprising to hear that some of His mightiest moves in the present day involve an element of racial reconciliation. Which is why I was heartened but not surprised to hear of the success of my Korean friend Michael Oh's work in Japan, which was recently highlighted on the Desiring God blog I like to frequent now and again.

Michael was two years older than me at Penn, and played a significant role in this young believer's faith trajectory. I'm glad to see he continues to do God's work, and happy that God is still in the business of reconciling mankind to Himself and to each other.

Comments

Popular Posts