2010 MLB Predictions


At this stage in my life, I've become a two-sporter: pro football and pro baseball. No hoops, nothing college, no Summer or Winter Olympics; no, give me the pigskin and give me the horsehide. Which makes September and October blissful, as the two sports overlap: meaningful baseball games, and the return of football. And which makes February and March painful, as neither sport is in action: you get the Super Bowl and that's it, and I'm way too young to do spring training in Arizona or Florida.

So the return of baseball coverage on the sports page puts a little skip in my step. Here's my gut take on how 2010 will play out; alas, I've had hardly any time to research such simple things as who is actually on these teams (but then again, my crack research efforts in the past haven't had any correlation to prediction accuracy, so who's to say I'm any better or worse off for it):

AL: Yankees, Tigers, Angels, WC Rays
NL: Phillies, Cardinals, D'Backs, WC Brewers
DS: Yankees, Rays, Phillies, Cardinals
WS: Phillies over Yankees in 6

Comments

Popular Posts