ROAD LOG OF AN A’S GROUPIE

Tomorrow I head for DC to cheer on my A’s. In April, I also did a mid-week road trip, that time to Baltimore, for the same cause. I’m such a groupie.

Anyway, DC brings out the best of my robo-tourism, since just about everything’s free and there’s so many interesting things to do. Here’s my 25-hour log:

7a – leave the house, subway to rental car place downtown

7:30a – pick up rental car, head south

10:30a – arrive in Tidal Basin area, run 5-6 miles

11:30a – drive down to Alexandria to stash the car and grab a shower at my friend Pete’s house

12:30p – Metro to Pentagon City to meet my friend Nate for lunch

2p – Metro to Arlington National Cemetery to pay my respects

6p – Metro to Foggy Bottom to meet up with Pete

7p – A’s-Nats @ RFK

10p – Metro to Alexandria to crash at Pete’s

5a – up and out of the house to get back home

8a – return rental car, subway home to shower and get ready for work

Go A’s!

Comments

Unknown said…
My dad - who lived in Oakland for the past 18 years before moving to Mexico - is also a big A's "groupie." They are currently housesitting for someone in Oakland, so I'm sure he is going to catch several games.
DJ Chuang said…
the beauty of a small ballpark like RFK is that there is no bad seat in the house! I caught my first Nat's game about a month ago, and had a great time.

Popular Posts