Recommended Reads, 37th in a Quarterly Series

Get Lost In A Good Book | ReanimatedImagery | FlickrStuff I'd recommend from the past three months:


First: Sandra Day O'Connor (Thomas). A well-written biography of a titan and trailblazer.



Doing Justice: A Prosecutor's Thoughts on Crime, Punishment, and the Rule of Law (Bharara).  I often wonder what my career would look like if I'd gone to law school.


A Republic, If You Can Keep It (Gorsuch).  A measured take on the role of the Supreme Court in our great system of checks and balances.



Last Boat Out of Shanghai: The Epic Story of the Chinese Who Fled Mao's Revolution (Zia).  A remarkable narrative of kids whose lives were turned upside down by tumult in Communist China.



Dreyer's English: An Utterly Correct Guide to Clarity and Style (Dreyer).  Reading this was like a tune-up for my writing.



Alexander Hamilton (Chernow).  What an incredible life, and how masterful is this account of it.




 

Comments

Popular Posts