Same Course, New Format

Image result for online teachingLater this month I'll be kicking off the graduate-level class I teach at the Fels Insitute of Government at the University of Pennsylvania, Quantitative Tools for Consulting.  As busy as my schedule has become, I truly look forward to this opportunity, because I enjoy teaching, because I enjoy the material and I enjoy interacting with students around the material.

This will be the eighth year I've taught this class, but this go round there are a couple of twists.  First, after two straight years of doing this during the fall semester, I am back to summer session.  And as much as you might think I'd grown about giving up precious free time during the summer months, I welcome the change, because it's easier than squeezing the teaching load into an already maxed out fall schedule.

Second, and this is the really big twist, I'll be teaching the course for the first time in the hybrid format of some in-person sessions and some on-line sessions.  Shout-out to all the folks at Penn who helped me set up my material in this new format and coached me on how to make the most of the different mechanisms that are available.  I feel like an old dog, except I am welcoming the chance to learn some new tricks.  I'm sure there will be hiccups, but it'll be a good experience all around.  Here I go again!

Comments

Popular Posts