His Footprints Were There All Along

Image result for footprints poem
A friend of mine recently wrote me to say how deeply appreciative he was to read my happy birthday wishes for himself and his children over the years.  The wrinkle is that I was using the wrong email address for him, and so it was only when he randomly checked the address I had used (which he long since switched from) that he was able to read greeting after greeting from me on each anniversary of his birth and his children's births. 


I was a little embarrassed that I had been using the wrong email all along, but was thankful that my birthday wishes were finally received, even if years after they were sent.  It made me think of different ways God has reached out to me over the years and I didn't even know it until much later.  Like the famous "Footprints" poem, I may have forgotten him or thought him not near in key moments in my life.  But in fact He was there, His words and His presence, carrying me through.  And I too am deeply appreciative. 

Comments

Popular Posts