Middle Ages

Yesterday I turned 46.  If that milestone doesn't scream "middle age," I don't know what does.

I didn't get a tattoo or a piercing, nor have I been shopping for a convertible.  Although I guess you can poke fun at me for growing my hair out.  (It is my real hair, in length and in color...no really!)  And I am prone to say "these kids" and grouse about it being too loud at ballgames and cocktail parties.

The thing about getting old is that we only age in one direction, so the only day I have to be this exact age is today.  I remember when I was little, I would calculate that in the year 2000 I would be all of 27 years old.  It seemed impossibly old and in the future.  Of course, it is now way in the past and what I wouldn't give to be 27 again.

Ah, but 46 is pretty good too.  Quite frankly, it's better than 27, by a lot.  I'm so blessed, not in the least because I can hope that 47 will be even better, and 48 even better than that, and so on.  Thank you all who are in my life, who I have to thank for my charmed life!

Comments

Popular Posts