Make Praise Normal Again


I don't swim in particularly mean circles, but a general unkind sentiment seems to have settled over this generation like a foul cloud.  Rather than celebrating kindness we seem to have elevated the opposite.  We revel in "dragging" others and cheer a good "sick burn."  My older son has taken to saying "roasted!" when he gets me good.

Maybe this is all in jest and I should take it as such, and I do.  But it does reveal a dark delight in putting down others.

I have an idea.  Let's praise each other too.  It's too bad that kind words are taken as kissing up, seeming fake, or being weak.  It doesn't need to be this way.  Think about the people in your life.  They are worthy of your praise!  People who have helped you get where you are, people whose presence in your life makes life wonderful, and people who are just stone cold awesome...tell them to their face, "hey, I want you to know that I think you rock!"  Let's Make Praise Normal Again!

Comments

Popular Posts