Recommended Reads, 26th in a Quarterly Series
Stuff I'd recommend from my past three months' reading consumption:
* Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain (Eagleman). The brain is so interesting and we have so much more to learn about it.
* Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success (Grant). Loved the vocab it gave me, in terms of givers and takers and matchers.
* Between the World and Me (Coates). Must-read for parents of black kids.
* Where Good Ideas Come From: The Natural History of Innovation (Johnson). One of my favorite authors, and this book doesn't disappoint.
* In Other Words (Lahiri). Stumbling as I am through learning Mandarin, I found this beautiful and poetic.
* The Road to Character (Brooks). Character still matters, and David Brooks says why and how.