Recommended Reads, 25th in a Quarterly Series
Stuff I've read recently:
* The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer (Mukherjee). I am allergic to medical terms so I appreciated how readable this was.
* SPQR: A History of Ancient Rome (Beard). I definitely need to read more about this time period.
* The Innovators: How a Group of Hackers, Geniuses, and Geeks Created the Digital Revolution (Isaacson). So important to understand just how innovation happens.
* How We Got to Now: Six Innovations That Made the Modern World (Johnson). I adore Steven Johnson.
* No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington (Rice). An interesting review of a very recent and tumultuous period in American history.
* 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus (Mann). Can't say I knew a smidgen of all the interesting things happening in North America before Chris arrived.