Feel Free to Disagree

http://www.techthebest.com/wp-admin/uploads/2012/03/facebook-dislike-1.jpg
I can't speak for all bloggers, but I feel good when I receive "likes" and other affirmative comments in response to stuff I write.  But you know what else makes me feel good?  Disagreement.

Don't get me wrong, I don't write inflammatory things just to provoke a rise out of people.  I despise that kind of baiting.  And, I don't revel in confrontation or conflict, and in fact work hard to foster peace and consensus.

But disagreement is good, because it stretches me to think about things differently.  Every argument has two sides, and even if I believe and voice one side, I want to learn more about the other side.

So "like" away if I say something you approve of.  Say nice things if I've hit the nail on the head.  But if I'm off, or you think I'm not seeing things quite right, or have a completely opposite perspective as mine, please speak of.  I "like" it when you do.

Comments

Popular Posts